Forum offline at 12.00 BST 6th Jul

dhendley

Hi everyone

We are aiming to move the forum to a new server this afternoon, and as such the forum will be offline from 12pm UK time today.

Hopefully it won't be for too long.

This is part of the MyTime to Mortons transfer. There will be some other small changes that I will let you know about soon.

Thanks

• Like 1

The link formats are different

New https://forums.modelflying.co.uk/uploads/monthly_2021_02/large.886948.jpg.319552fbd7b18c45d1ecb8908d5aa3f3.jpg

Old  https://forums.modelflying.co.uk/sites/3/images/member_albums/190014/888343.jpg

On the old site images were held in members albums, with the switch over the albums were lost and all images were grouped together, I think.

Steve

@dhendley Is there anything that can be done about the formatting of the mobile version? 

For me, using Chrome browser on Android, the ad banners appear to be pushing some of the page far over to the right. 

This means that clicking the "three bars" to see some menu options, the menu appears way off screen to the right. It's really not obvious where to look, until you finally work it out. 

8 minutes ago, Chris Bott - Moderator said:

@dhendley Is there anything that can be done about the formatting of the mobile version? 

For me, using Chrome browser on Android, the ad banners appear to be pushing some of the page far over to the right. 

This means that clicking the "three bars" to see some menu options, the menu appears way off screen to the right. It's really not obvious where to look, until you finally work it out. 

Hi Chris - I'm sure there is - I'll have a look early next week

• Thanks 1

I like the new RCM&E home page particularly the way the advertising banners re-size, just need to do the same on the forum.

I am not sure about the Login which takes me to the forum, is it needed? 

On a more positive note, the ability to buy back issues using subscribe is good and the search works well.

I am sure there are more improvements which I am yet to find.

The biggest improvement of course is having you techies on the forum.

Steve

5 minutes ago, EarlyBird said:

I like the new RCM&E home page particularly the way the advertising banners re-size, just need to do the same on the forum.

I am not sure about the Login which takes me to the forum, is it needed? 

On a more positive note, the ability to buy back issues using subscribe is good and the search works well.

I am sure there are more improvements which I am yet to find.

The biggest improvement of course is having you techies on the forum.

Steve

Thanks Steve, we will be looking at the ads today, hopefully a quick fix. The login button is there just to give people a head start if they don't know to go to the forum first.

The main site is now running on Wordpress rather than Drupal. Although this is the new site, the version of Drupal it was running was coming towards end of live and to update it would have been some really major work which we couldn't complete in time.

We are here and listening, so any problems, let us know!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm unable to login via my Android phone since the migration. I can login using Windows 10 on my laptop and Pc and also on my Android tablet but not phone. On my phone if I tap the hamburger menu button the screen slightly greys but no menu opens up to allow logon. The search button works as does the show latest posts and start new topic button works, it's seems to be the menu button that's not working, consequently I can't logon.

Help please.

I have just checked and I also have a problem with the menu button on my Android phone if I use "mobile view"  - select the menu button and the screen goes a bit greyer and doesn't really work at all. 

I hadn't noticed before because I use the desktop view on my phone and that works fine. 

Dick

51 minutes ago, Dickw said:

I have just checked and I also have a problem with the menu button on my Android phone if I use "mobile view"  - select the menu button and the screen goes a bit greyer and doesn't really work at all. 

I hadn't noticed before because I use the desktop view on my phone and that works fine. 

Dick

Not just me then....

10 hours ago, Outrunner said:

I'm unable to login via my Android phone since the migration. I can login using Windows 10 on my laptop and Pc and also on my Android tablet but not phone. On my phone if I tap the hamburger menu button the screen slightly greys but no menu opens up to allow logon. The search button works as does the show latest posts and start new topic button works, it's seems to be the menu button that's not working, consequently I can't logon.

Help please.

The menu is displayed off the screen on the right-hand side swipe right to left to display. This is a known issue from before the recent switch over and is caused by the advert banners not scaling to match the device.

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1