Weight

Here's a bit of lateral thinking:

Pour 100g of fine lead shot down the fuselage into the tail then inject superphatic glue into the fuselage with a syringe and needle, wait until its sets propping the fuselage upright.

This is assuming that you used snakes for the control runs.

Edited by Shaun Walsh

I'm a little suspicious of the 100g figure;  I believe an SC61 engine weighs about 600g with muffler, but what was the engine it replaced?  The next size down, a 55, would weigh about 450 grammes without muffler (the only info I could find on the internet), so the engine weight difference you're trying to compensate for is maybe 100g, but if it's placed at the extreme rear of the aircraft much less will be needed due to the greater distance from the c of g.

Having said that, if your 100g figure is the result of a physical check (e.g. a spanner temporarily taped onto the tail), you can safely ignore my comment 😃

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

using the rule of thumb for cog one third of the of the wing chord which is 12” so at 4” 100grams of weight which I put in but then I searched for the cog on the web and it’s supposed to be 3.25”so then had to take it out again so the rule of thumb would have made my plane very tail heavy indeed.

17 hours ago, Diamond Geezer said:

Hi all

using the rule of thumb for cog one third of the of the wing chord which is 12” so at 4” 100grams of weight which I put in but then I searched for the cog on the web and it’s supposed to be 3.25”so then had to take it out again so the rule of thumb would have made my plane very tail heavy indeed.

cgCalc is very useful for working out the correct balance point.