Nifty bench protection for delicate foamies.

leccyflyer

Following the crash of my FMS Zero last weekend I managed to get the fuselage back together all nice and strong, just needs a lick of paint and she;ll be as good as new. The wing was a different matter and the area around the wheel wells and leading edge were comprehensively shredded and crushed, following the heavy impact with a large point rock. I pieced together the main parts, but still wasn;t happy with the structural integrity of the wing.

Luckily I found a replacement wing in stock and ordered that from eBay shop Align Trex on Friday and that arrived safely today, in perfect condition, due to the very impressive packaging.

When I'm assembling foamies I often put a layer of Depron, Correx or woven fleece on the bench surface to protect the delicate finish of the model from the hard bench and bits and pieces lying around. The packaging that arrived this morning was superb for the job -it's a series of inflated tubes about an inch in diameter in a roll. The best thing about it is that you can have screwdrivers, allen drivers, screws, nuts, bolts etc on the bench and they will naturally sit in the grooves, so that even if you lay the wing, or fuselage, or whatever, on the surface these small items don't touch the surface.  Obviously larger tools still stand proud, but smaller tools are safely out of the way and small screws also don't roll off the bench onto the floor.

I'm saving this - as it's the perfect size for my smaller bench. 🙂

IMG_0597.thumb.jpg.c1c97ab7b7f2abc9cca5f775e68881b3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1