RCM&E Archive – 16 years now available

dhendley

We are working hard to restore the Digital Archive to its former glory. We are pleased to let you know that the last 16 years are now available.

Read more here: https://www.modelflying.co.uk/rcme-archive-16-years-available/

As we are building this from scratch, I have no idea how many years were available previously - does anyone know?

Screenshot 2022-07-14 at 15.43.03.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Wilson H said:

How do you get into these never had trouble previously now doesn’t even recognise my e mail or memdership no last time called told to keep trying as they were still working on it so paying for what ?

Hello. You need to Log in here.

You will need your email and new Mortons customer ID, and need to be a digital, or a print and digital subscriber.

Your customer ID should have been emailed to you. If not, it’s on the carrier sheets you get through the post with a print subscription. Failing that, give our customer services team a call on 01507 529529 and they will tell you what it is.

Until recently subscribers to the printed magazine had access to the digital archive - but now it would appear that one has to be a print AND digital subscriber to access the old archives ( if I read DHendleys posting correctly)

Is that correct - it's changed under the new owners?

14 minutes ago, kc said:

Until recently subscribers to the printed magazine had access to the digital archive - but now it would appear that one has to be a print AND digital subscriber to access the old archives ( if I read DHendleys posting correctly)

Is that correct - it's changed under the new owners?

How recently was that kc?

For me until the RCM&E main site was updated. I used to view using the subscribe/digital archive option. It worked in a limited way but now it works far better, I particularly like being able to select and download pages for future reference. I am sure I will find more nice features as I continue my voyage of discovery. The only downside is I have to subscribe 🤣 and make a choice whether to keep the print subscription or not. 

Steve

• Like 1

I have a digital and print subscription. I've logged in using my customer ID and can see my account. If I go to the RCM&E magazine I just get the option to subscribe, nothing about being able to view the archive. It's as if the system doesn't recognise I have a subscription.

26 minutes ago, Steven S said:

I'm a Canadian digital subscriber and am totally happy with the new digital archive.  It got really messed up a couple of years ago, but this latest change has made it better than it ever was.  Thank you for that.

Thanks Steven!

Hi EarlyBird, thanks again for the help but there must be something wrong with my account. When I log in I am taken to My Account. If I navigate to RCM&E the system expects me to take out a subscription which My Account shows I already have. I will  contact Mortons on Monday to sort it out.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/07/2022 at 17:00, kc said:

As a print subscriber I was able to look at the RCME copies last year.    It was one of the advantages of being a subscriber compared to just buying from a newsagent.

Will the Archive be made available to Print only subcribers again?

4 hours ago, Fun Flyer said:

Will the Archive be made available to Print only subcribers again?

I doubt it! I asked the question and had to cancel my existing subscription and start up a new print/digitial one. I used to pay quarterly but now have to pay a whole years worth in one go which is a bit annoying. As the subscription starts with the next issue, I still have not got access to the digital archive, I'm told it will be next week. 

I have to be honest - it is a very disappointing start to my expereince with the new owners.

Simon

On 01/08/2022 at 17:17, Simon Clark said:

I doubt it! I asked the question and had to cancel my existing subscription and start up a new print/digitial one. I used to pay quarterly but now have to pay a whole years worth in one go which is a bit annoying. As the subscription starts with the next issue, I still have not got access to the digital archive, I'm told it will be next week. 

I have to be honest - it is a very disappointing start to my expereince with the new owners.

Simon

I think that this is another step in the wrong direction by the new publishers.  I have been a subscriber for many years and a buyer of the magazine for decades before that and suddenly I can't access the digital archive because my subscription is print only!.  Luckily I have my own archive in the attic but I'll be giving some thought as to whether its worth renewing my sub when it expires.

I was told that I might have access on August 4th. It still doesn't work, so I asked again for a definitive date and am now being told that I will have access on August 17th. 

I agree, it is not very good to have an unreliable promise to restore something that you always had, especially as it is costing me more and I have to pay in a less conveneient way! I might also consider not renewing next year.

Simon

17 minutes ago, Fun Flyer said:

I think that this is another step in the wrong direction by the new publishers.  I have been a subscriber for many years and a buyer of the magazine for decades before that and suddenly I can't access the digital archive because my subscription is print only!.  Luckily I have my own archive in the attic but I'll be giving some thought as to whether its worth renewing my sub when it expires.

Hi Fun Flyer. There has been some confusion about the archive. The old publisher told us that print subscribers only had the archive during covid when post was delayed around the world - how many years did you have access for? The data we received didn't indicate that print-only had digital access.

2 minutes ago, dhendley said:

There has been some confusion about the archive. The old publisher told us that print subscribers only had the archive during covid when post was delayed around the world - how many years did you have access for? The data we received didn't indicate that print-only had digital access.

I have been a subscriber for nearly twenty years. I cant remember using the digital archive back then, but certainly have had it for many years before Covid.