Alex Whittaker

Kevin Fairgrieve

On 23/07/2022 at 10:26, Engine Doctor said:

He will be missed . Condolences to his family.

Who will replace Alex ? It's a sad time but the continuance of the mag must be a priority .

i used to enjoy Nigel Hawes stuff...maybe there is a chance he could rtn?

ken anderson...ne..1.... NH dept.

I have been away without email / phone for the last two weeks and quite literally just found out so like everyone else I am truly shocked. Alex was a friend and colleague and i have worked (if you could call it that) on so many occasions over the last 20 years. His passion overflowed for model flying and this shone through in his writing and personality and to say he will be a loss to the magazine and the model flying community would be an understatement. I have very fond memories of photo shoots of some of my designs with Alex shouting at me 'lower' , 'slower' ; it was always such good fun and i will miss that so much. I have done the occasional show and event as a photo journalist so have a true appreciation of the effort and skills required and Alex taught me so much over the years. I can't believe he has gone so swiftly. He will be forever with me I am sure as will he be with so many others. My deepest condolences to his family, friends and everybody whose lives were touched and marked by him.

Lindsay & Sandra 

• Like 6

• 4 months later...

Wow, this came as a shock, I have been off the aeromodelling scene for a few years since we sold D B Sport & Scale, but having now rejoind the BMFA I read this news in the mag. 
Alex would always come and have a bit of fun and banter with Judy and I at our stall when he was on site, he did the photo's of Jude & me with Boddo when we released the DB A Train glider based on Boddo's Rookie Major. He was a very friendly and popular figure on the circuit. He was a very spiritual man, he would occasionally have a discussion with us on the subject of faith being that we are Jehovah's Witnesses.

May his faith and his prayers during his life, have been favourably heard for the future.

Eddie Stocker.

• Like 3