Anyone run of these; O.S. 70 ??

Maurice Dyer

Hi

Inherited this O.S 70 four stroke from an ex member. Runs well, good compression, I just cannot find any info on this type of O S from any website. 

Notice the fuel tube connecting the crankcase and the inlet manifold. There is no other oil egress anywhere. As I said, it runs well enough, just makes a noise

like my old mum's Rolls Rapide twin tub used to.

Anybody anyone ??

P1070454.JPG

P1070453.JPG

I have three OS70 F/S engines.  They are all elderly but are superb and run like Swiss watches (on Prosynth fuel, obviously). 

@Maurice: 

If yours grumbles whilst running, it probably needs new crankshaft bearings. 

Depending on the life it has had, it is worth checking the camshaft bearings too. 

14 hours ago, Maurice Dyer said:

That's a lovely model Sir. Kit, plan or ??

I'm ashamed to say that I bought it from a bereavement sale! I was in the process of building my own from a short-kit but needless to say my model remains only partly built. I also acquired a complete kit of the same model. I suppose I ought to sell it, I don't need three BE2s!

The model was designed by Roy Scott. The plan is available on The Outerzone: https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=6303

I could have sworn that my short-kit came from either Belair or Flying Scale Models, now Sarik, but I can't find any reference to to it on either site. 

This is not the same model EB. This model is listed as a Be2 or BE2a by Gary Sunderland not the BE2e of Roy Scott.

Now I don't want to come across as a complete anorak but the BE2 and BE2a had wing warping for roll control. So did the BE2b for that matter. The model illustrated in your links is a BE2c, the ailerons, the four interplane struts and the small triangular fin give it away.

The BE2e had only two interplane struts, a different wing planform and different tail surfaces.

Edited by David Davis

19 hours ago, Brian Cooper said:

I have three OS70 F/S engines.  They are all elderly but are superb and run like Swiss watches (on Prosynth fuel, obviously). 

@Maurice: 

If yours grumbles whilst running, it probably needs new crankshaft bearings. 

Depending on the life it has had, it is worth checking the camshaft bearings too. 

Thanks Brian. It's not rumbling, it's more like a sink plunger being used.(aggressively) !!!