Found T180

Fluffy

(I will add photos soon)

Here I have a T180 trainer, it has plans and decals all intact, I was going to build it, but was told it could be rare, I decided against it because then it would be another built t180, I tried to do research myself but I couldn’t find much, I found some people struggled to find original plans, and a set that had sold in the past but the value wasn’t stated, I have no idea about model aircraft so I am trying to find people that might know something about this?

Thanks 

Dan

Dan, welcome.

An untouched kit sold in May for £150 eBay Link

Whilst one that had been partially constructed fetched just £41 eBay Link

Fully completed and equipped models will fetch anything from around £5 to £100 depending on condition.

As you can see the value of an untouched kit that appeals to a kit collector far outweighs the final value of a constructed model, however any missing parts or tatty box will substantially reduce the value. 

Hopefully that gives you some idea to help you decide what to do.

58 minutes ago, John Lee said:

Dan, welcome.

An untouched kit sold in May for £150 eBay Link

Whilst one that had been partially constructed fetched just £41 eBay Link

Fully completed and equipped models will fetch anything from around £5 to £100 depending on condition.

As you can see the value of an untouched kit that appeals to a kit collector far outweighs the final value of a constructed model, however any missing parts or tatty box will substantially reduce the value. 

Hopefully that gives you some idea to help you decide what to do.

Hello John, thanks for the welcome, around what year were these produced? 

all the parts seem to be there, but the box is tatty as you said 😂, I was hoping to get around £100 as this is all have left to raise for an air rifle I have my eye on, but whatever I get is a bonus towards it, thanks for the guidance of price ect

Dan.

2 hours ago, Fluffy said:

Hello John, thanks for the welcome, around what year were these produced? 

Precedent manufactured kits from the mid 1970's to the early 2000's. The T180 was one of their later designs, without researching I would guess that it would have been produced from around 1990.

Good luck with the sale.