Tony Nijuis A10

On 23/07/2022 at 16:47, william forster said:

Has anyone built and flown one of these models?

That seems to be one of life's mysteries!  In the A10 thread in the TN Models sub-forum there's a few people, including me, writing that they're building one.  But not one mention of a successful flight.  Mine is ready for it's maiden flight, but I've been thwarted last Sunday and today by the wind direction and strength.  Hopefully next Sunday . . . . 

10 minutes ago, Allan Bennett said:

That seems to be one of life's mysteries!  In the A10 thread in the TN Models sub-forum there's a few people, including me, writing that they're building one.  But not one mention of a successful flight.  Mine is ready for it's maiden flight, but I've been thwarted last Sunday and today by the wind direction and strength.  Hopefully next Sunday . . . . 

From July RCM&E

image.png.18e9ce8b312d10eb8a9ecaef49978326.png

At least one built and flown.

Steve

• Like 1

Thanks EarlyBird, I hadn't seen that report, or noticed the comment in TN's build notes.  I had thought it odd how much the fans are angled upwards which, since they're behind the c of g, I suppose must push the tail down and the nose up under power.  I'll watch out when I eventually get a chance to maiden mine, and incorporate the suggested mix if the behaviour is a problem.

Thanks too to Ingolf Steffensen 😀

• Like 1

I flew mine last week it is very fast !! and sits really nicely when flying straight and level

I made a skid to rest on as I was worried about the durability of the fins.

The comments re the elevator throttle mix is very useful as when throttle is closed there is a significant pitch change.

100_2316.JPG

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
On 25/07/2022 at 17:44, william forster said:

I flew mine last week it is very fast !! and sits really nicely when flying straight and level

I made a skid to rest on as I was worried about the durability of the fins.

The comments re the elevator throttle mix is very useful as when throttle is closed there is a significant pitch change.

100_2316.JPG

I'm just building mine and oh my gosh what an incredible job you've done there. How did you get that amazing finish? I mean it might be a bit shinier than a battle worn A10, but it looks outstanding!

• 2 weeks later...