Save the Tower.

Paul De Tourtoulon

I’ve been busy all day, and after after 10 hours, have a beer alongside the chair, and dinner is sorted with minor fiddles needed. Now, assume, I now have the attention span of a smartphone zombie. Why are we interested in a guard tower?

21 minutes ago, Don Fry said:

Now, assume, I now have the attention span of a smartphone zombie. Why are we interested in a guard tower?

From watching on his YouTube channel it would appear that saving the tower would allow people to continue to fly rc models locally.  Though I may be well be wrong. Also seems to be some "history" to this issue too.

Edited by David Ovenden
Spelling

It's all a long story  he has been trying to understand all the world wide drone and model restriction laws,  also bringing those laws to the attention of model flyers, with saving his model club and also allowing people to fly their Christmas amongst other things, toys in the local parks, I was only hoping that there might have been a few more followers and a bit more solidarity amongst modellers especially the British,🇬🇧 now I understand why the modelling fraternity looses so many model fields.

so sad.

Yes David that was a long time ago, they still have permission to fly there but the it has been a long struggle and the 'tower' will probably start another war to close them down, not forgetting that our club has lost 4 fields in less than 20 years !.

I used to watch his content on youtube but no longer do. His chip on the shoulder attitude and deliberate attempts to antagonise everyone seems counter productive. 

Also for someone who claims to be a safe and responsible flyer he does/promotes an awful lot of really stupid things. You cant claim to be a safety advocate when every other video shows your best mate decking another model that was barely airworthy to begin with. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jon - Laser Engines said:

I used to watch his content on youtube but no longer do. His chip on the shoulder attitude and deliberate attempts to antagonise everyone seems counter productive. 

Also for someone who claims to be a safe and responsible flyer he does/promotes an awful lot of really stupid things. You cant claim to be a safety advocate when every other video shows your best mate decking another model that was barely airworthy to begin with. 

Yes he has gone a bit silly in his old age, but I still love his Tower,,,

Seems to me that Bruce tells the mayor that they will put a plaque on the tower naming the mayor as giving the Tower to the citizens of the town. Then Bruce and his band repair maintain it. Mayor gets the kudos, bruce and co get the tower...

Having seen his aardvark blog seems the NZ health Service and roads are in the same state as the UK's.

Edited by Zflyer