Auto charger for AA cells

Not strictly R/C but I need some help from the forum members if possible...

I am looking for a simple wall charger that will automatically charge 4 x AA Ni-Mh cells and then switch off so that the batteries can be left in the charger until needed.. This is for my partner who is sight impaired so digital readouts, LED's etc and not practical. She is able to remove and insert cells as she can feel the battery orientation but would not be able to see any identifiers of charge state.

I appreciate there are smart chargers on the market for plug in packs but again inserting cells into a battery carrier, plugging in and starting are all operations beyond someone with a sight problem.

There seem to be plenty of simple AA chargers on the market but I cannot seem to find one that automatically ends the charge when the cell is full.

Any and all help greatly appreciated.

Edited by Robert Cracknell
Spelling

Hi Robert,

Energizer Intelligent Charger and 4off AA 2000mAh NiMH rechargable batteries £24.99 (4-max.co.uk)

This has a display but does stop charging when full, delta peak detection. I would put batteries on charge overnight knowing that they will be charged in the morning.

George at 4-Max will confirm if you have any doubts.

Steve

Edited by EarlyBird

There is a good choice here, including auto cut-off to maintenance trickle:

https://www.batterystation.co.uk/battery-chargers/aa-aaa-battery-chargers.html

whilst I have not used any of those, I bought a different sort (now out of production) many years ago from Battery Station. I have bought from them many times and found them excellent in all respects.

6 hours ago, Frank Skilbeck said:

I've got an older version of something similar to this (no display), works well and cuts off after the cells are charged.

AFAIK all modern chargers cut off when charged which makes the display more of a convenience than a necessity. A charger with a display will not be a problem for Robert's partner if the batteries are always charge for a minimum of five hours, overnight for example, which will make sure they are fully charged, and the charging will have cut off.

With modern delta peak detecting chargers there are no problems caused by leaving the charger plugged in and switched on.

Steve