Trouble contacting RC Model Store

I ordered some model aircraft accessories worth £39.45 including P&P on-line from RC Model Store on the 5th July '22 (https://rcmodelstore.co.uk) and paid with a credit card via PayPal. The firm is based in Stotfold, Herts.  I have used them successfully once before. The order comprised a JP electric fuel pump and three remote glow cable assemblies (1 Fastrax type with metal glow plug connector and two Logic types), i.e. all standard readily available items.  My on-line account states that the items are 'On Order with Suppler (paid)'.  When I placed the order, some items were said to be in stock while others were said to be available from the supplier within 1-2 days.  However, when I phone the company to check progress, all I get is an answerphone message saying their staff are not free to answer the phone right now and would I leave a message or send an e-mail.  I have left numerous messages in recent weeks requesting that they contact me and have also sent e-mails but have received no response whatsoever. 

Does anyone know if RC Model Store are still in business?  I am not sure what I can do next. At present, RC Model Store has taken my money without delivering the goods!

• Sad 1

I placed an order with them 21 Oct 2020. Other than an automated acknowledgement of my order I never received another word, or goods, from them despite multiple attempts on my part both direct & via PayPal.

I eventually received a refund from PayPal on 10 Dec 2020. 

Just Googled the store. Appears to be a unit on a small industrial estate and looks like a one man operation.

Well stocked according to the photos. I wouldn't mind betting though that his landlord (or insurance company) doesn't know about all that glow fuel on open shelves ! 🔥

Judging by the opening hours it looks like it is also a part-time operation.

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same issues. No response via phone or email and my online profile has been disconnected so I can't check the status of my order. Decide to go tp PayPal who immediately refunded part of the order value. I can't find where the rest is! If you Google RC Model Store reviews, check the Trustpilot ones and there are over 20 1 star reviews quoting the same issues. Goods paid for and not received and unable to contact supplier. Avoid them I'd say!

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Hydeflyer said:

I'm having the same issues. No response via phone or email and my online profile has been disconnected so I can't check the status of my order. Decide to go tp PayPal who immediately refunded part of the order value. I can't find where the rest is! If you Google RC Model Store reviews, check the Trustpilot ones and there are over 20 1 star reviews quoting the same issues. Goods paid for and not received and unable to contact supplier. Avoid them I'd say!

Ouch, that's not a good look....

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/rcmodelstore.co.uk?stars=5

I wonder if that is the old proprieter of Mainly Models in Hitchin - he moved out to Stotfold when his rent in Hitchin was hugely increased, but that was to a different address. The old Mainly Models website is long since dead though, so could be unrelated...

4 hours ago, MattyB said:

Ouch, that's not a good look....

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/rcmodelstore.co.uk?stars=5

I wonder if that is the old proprieter of Mainly Models in Hitchin - he moved out to Stotfold when his rent in Hitchin was hugely increased, but that was to a different address. The old Mainly Models website is long since dead though, so could be unrelated...

I don't think they are related at all, Barry at Mainly Models moved on with his main musical interest IIRC. I have visited rcmodelstore as its quite close by. Chap seems helpful and has quite a wide range of stock. There is a WhatsApp group which is handy to check before setting off to visit (not that helps most of you), but it saves me a wasted trip to know the shop is open.

Disappointing to hear negative comments about a LMS as there are so few about nowadays.