Where can I buy the physical magazine?

Richard Baggaley

• 9 months later...

My WHSmiths in Edinburgh does not seem to stock it either. Apparently, you have to order it. .... one customer down.

I dont want to subscribe as I've had issues trying to unsubscribe with some magazines in the past when you get fed up after finding it's full of about 75% repetitive adverts. I only want to buy now and again.

I'll read it second hand when handed in by other club members. A pity really.

I'm afraid I need to eat my words ... or maybe a little humble pie perhaps. 

I popped into WHSmiths with no real expectation of getting the magazine ....... and there it was. The very last copy. So either ordered in insufficient numbers ..... or fly's off the shelf at record speeds. Either way ..... I'm happy. ... picked up a copy of Flying Scale Models at the same time ..... plenty of them. 

I'll try and get next months and if I'm sold on it ..... the subscription may come. This months looks ok ... but there again, I've not read it front to back, back to front and every other possible way yet. :classic_biggrin:

It has potential. :classic_biggrin:

Toto

Just remember Toto that this forum exists because some of us buy RCM&E regularly even though not all of the articles are of interest to us.  If no one bought RCM&E, there would be no forum.  It seems to me that you have gained a great deal of information from using this forum so please remember that when you are making your decisions.

19 hours ago, Peter Jenkins said:

Just remember Toto that this forum exists because some of us buy RCM&E regularly even though not all of the articles are of interest to us.  If no one bought RCM&E, there would be no forum.  It seems to me that you have gained a great deal of information from using this forum so please remember that when you are making your decisions.

Maybe, but why does that have to be the case? Plenty of forums exist without magazines to support them; just because that is how this one came into being, it doesn't mean that always has to be the case. If I were the owner I'd be trying to make sure that the magazine and the forum were both indepedently self financing, rather than one supporting the other (the addition of extra advertising here in recent times indicates they agree).

Personally I don't subscribe to the mag because there is not enough in it related to my (admittedly fairly niche) interests, so I just pick up a copy whenever there is something I do really want (like a specific plan). I know that doesn't help the magazine much in the long run, but I'm realistic enough to know that my behaviours alone are not the thing that will make or break it, and it isn't my my job as a consumer to try and ensure RCM&E lives on forever. Sorry if that sounds pessimistic, but in the long run I just can't see how a genralist RC paper mag makes the money needed to sustain itself when you look at what is happening to the wider hobby and the other factors that affect participation (competing interests, ageing demographic, rise of online sales and pastimes etc.)

Edited by MattyB
  • Like 2