What is your favourite bottle of Pop (for canopies not consumption!)

It depends on the size of the canopy.

The thicker the bottle the better. That is the problem these days.

All the manufacturers are trying to get their "green" credentials improved by making plastic containers as thin as possible.

The only way to improve rigidity is to put the ribs in.

It's another reason why modern cars don't have any flat panels on them any more.

For smaller canopies I like Waitrose pressed fruit juice bottles (not from concentrate).

I also like the contents :classic_smile:.

If you use these you need to make sure that the label join is at the bottom of your canopy as the label glue usually eats into the plastic.

Also you want the front of your canopy as high up as you can in the bottle as the plastic is thicker at the neck and doesn't shrink as much (this applies to most bottles).

To be honest for larger canopies it is probably better to buy a commercial one. There are still a few people making them.

19 hours ago, PatMc said:

Perhaps I was lucky every time I made a canopy. 😉 

I think Pat you got it right every time, I seem to lose the ridges when I use the oven to shrink the bottles, obviously heat is important but using a heat gun does work, it seems more controlled in the oven but everyone has their way that works for them.