Aeroscout Issue

morton01

Hello All, New here and hoping for a little kind assistance...

Have just purchased a brand new electric Aeroscout BNF model following several years away from flying. I have an old(ish) DX6i which I propose using for the time being...

Now onto my issue, having successfully binded the TX to the receiver, and having reset the model in the TX, I am seeing what can only be described as very limited elevator movement, both up and down. Aileron, throttle and rudder all operate fine with 'full movement'. With the plane powered off the elevator servo operates smoothly by hand in both directions and operates the elevator fully.

Any advice / guidance gratefully received.....

Many thanks 

morton01

There is nothing wrong with a DX6i. I use one regularly and it has 10 different planes in its memory.

Just how old is your DX6i? Very early ones are DSM2 only. Then they had both DSM2 and DSMX. The last models were DSMX only. it is possible the Aeroscout receiver might not be fully compatible with DSM2.

The Aeroscout has 'SAFE' technology built in with three modes, Beginner, Intermediate and Expert.

To check for full servo travels you should be in Expert mode as the gyro system is then off so the surfaces will do what the transmitter is telling them. Do you have full elevator travel shown in the DX6i's Monitor screen? Does you DX6i have and setting programmed in from previous use?

In Beginner mode not only is the servo travel limited but there is gyro stabilisation active as well. This means the plane has to be set up and switched on exactly as in the instructions to ensure the gyro system knows what 'straight and level' is so it can automatically "sort out" the plane regardless of its attitude when you let go of the sticks.

I hope this helps.

Edited by Simon Chaddock

Hello Simon,

Many thanks for your reply. The DX6i is 2014 vintage and is DSMX. I have deleted all previous models from the memory of the TX and am just trying to use the Aeroscout only. The monitor function displays full travel for all control surfaces... I have not altered any settings in the TX presently - only binded the TX to the RX.

Many thanks....

Hello Shaun,

Thanks for your reply and sharing the video link. I am pretty sure I have covered everything in the setup, but still getting reduced throw on the elevator despite the TX monitor function showing full movement....Maybe I am missing something here; got me baffled at present.....

Cheers, Tony

9 minutes ago, morton01 said:

Hello Shaun,

Thanks for your reply and sharing the video link. I am pretty sure I have covered everything in the setup, but still getting reduced throw on the elevator despite the TX monitor function showing full movement....Maybe I am missing something here; got me baffled at present.....

Cheers, Tony

Elevator pushrod on the wrong hole at the elevator or servo end reducing the throw?

Just found this

Reduced elevator throw

You may need to reverse the switch used for panic mode.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Shaun, Many thanks for your latest suggestion, the article you shared helped me massively. The upshot is that channel 6 being off resulted in panic mode being selected. I have reversed that channel and the plane elevator now performs perfect.

I owe you a beer!

Cheers Tony