Which CA for EPP

Zflyer

EPP is not styrofoam so it is not necessary to use foam safe glue. Infact I remember reading  (somewhere) that regular cyano rather than ‘foam safe’ glue was recommended as it gives a better bond. Thick cyano is easier to use as the thin stuff tends to run everywhere but both work. I usually use Zacki on multiplex models with a kicker. Rocket and Zap cyanos are both good too.

Just don’t use PVA or epoxy on EPP.

• Like 1

Zacki is the one for the Multiplex kit, which is what I am putting together, but i wondered whether anything else could be used in its place. Just trying gorilla which is not to good. Have some none branded ca which l am trying on the gash bits of epp. 

2 hours ago, Zflyer said:

Zacki is the one for the Multiplex kit, which is what I am putting together, but i wondered whether anything else could be used in its place. Just trying gorilla which is not to good. Have some none branded ca which l am trying on the gash bits of epp. 

I used ordinary thin Loctite CA on my Multplex Acromaster - worked OK.

Used kicker on some joints, but not all.

Dick

You are right Bill, Elapor is EPO.

On EPP I have used cyano, UHU Por and contact adhesive (Thixofix I think?) in the past, with varying degrees of success. It is slightly more difficult to get it to stick than EPO as it seems slightly ‘greasy’ in texture.

Edited by Piers Bowlan

I've built several Multiplex "Elapor" foamies over the years and all I use is bog standard Cyano that I now buy from Screwfix (builders place not Geordie dating agency!) and I've never had a model fall apart. I don't use kicker as I'm even less tolerant to that than Cyano.