Paint

Diamond Geezer

On EP FOAM  either artists or water based acrylic or Humbrol brush on enamel. Beware of Humbrol or enamel aerosols as the propellant can melt the foam.

The tougher EPO FOAM I use any of the above or solvent based polyester base coat as used by car bodyshops. To get a sheen I then spray a cote of water based varnish. 

Works well for me and never had an issue.

Always test a paint on a bit of old same type foam before committing to the airframe.

Whatever you use, clean down the foam before painting.  I usually go over mine with meths.  Acrylics are fine - you can pick up tubes of the 'artists' variety at places like The Works or The Range quite cheaply.

I've also used Plastikote (B&Q) enamel aerosols.  ED is right about the solvents melting foam.  Turn this to your advantage by spraying thin, light coats.  The first coat 'self-etches' and provides a good base for the subsequent ones.  The end result can be quite tough and abrasive resistant.

I think WPB would do it, though I did coat an acrylic finish with Ronseal 'satin' once which yellowed quite badly.

BTW re. brushed artist-type acrylics, I found that while red, yellow and black cover quite well (over white), blue was not so good and green was quite bad!  Other formulations (e.g. humbrol) may be better in this respect.