Electron Retracts - Any Good?

1 hour ago, Nick Somerville said:

I have a pair of E40 retracts in my Brian Taylor P47. Beautifully made and 100% reliable to date. I use the mid range sequencer they sell that sorts out the gear doors and timings. The units themselves are very powerful. 

What was the code for the sequencer you used Nick? I ask as i am tempted to upgrade the retracts in my TopRC P51 and gear doors are a factor. I had a plan to use the eurokit spring air's i had kicking around in a box but i might treat it to something better. I am in not rush as i do not yet have an engine for it but just thinking ahead it might be an option. 

I have the RS 200 sequencer. Apparently you can set it up without a data terminal but I rather suspect trying to would drive you mad, especially if sorting gear doors too. If you don’t plan on having doors then the cheapest one will do. I have a ixcoy data terminal (about £30 from Nexus) which made it somewhat easier to set up. You can also enter a manual mode so you can sort everything out without a transmitter. For some reason the RS 200 doesn’t allow adjustment for slow servo travel on the doors but I found a work around for that. I use a small Lipo battery for the controller and retracts which even a week after leaving switched on was still  fully charged the other day. Probably 50+ gear cycles between charges. My P47 was in between E30 and E40’s but chose the E 40’s. They will be ideal for the Mustang.