Microsoft 365

for home use I just buy a key for office 2019 or whatever from the likes of CJS keys etc for about £10 - £20 one off payment

https://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/products/Microsoft-Office-Professional-Plus-2021-CD-Key-(Digital-Download).html?setCurrencyId=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw6fyXBhBgEiwAhhiZsu53pXClkfQ22tBomBUOS3JJhuuR8-SnzeWGmm7jwO7pK6LULS1flxoCWVAQAvD_BwE

I've used these several times and yes, they are perfectly legal license keys.

I have office for the web. From their help.

'Haven't subscribed or purchased Office yet? Not a problem. You can use Office for the web for free to create Word docs, Excel spreadsheets, and PowerPoint decks.'

Since I retired, I have no use for it though. 🙂

Steve

As i rarely do any real work on a computer and spend most of my time causing trouble helping on forum's, watching videos or shooting down virtual 109's i still use my ancient copy of office 2003. It works, its free, and its more than enough for my purposes even if it is very old now. That said, its not like typing has changed much since 2003 so i cant see that a new version has anything to offer me. All they do is move the buttons around so you cant find anything. 

• Haha 1

My office 2007 says it's now retired but like me it still works perfectly. I don't use Outlook or any MS software that has access to the web so I can't see the need to update.

I recommend the Brave browser for cookie subversion and stripping ads from youtube and DuckduckGo as a search engine which doesn't nag you for a google login or to endlessly agree to their Ts&Cs which they didn't used to.

Plus one for Libre office . A friendly neighbour who's a tech guy just set up a new Computer for me as old one died a few days ago . Libre is free unlike Micro soft that offer you a supposedly free system then try to cajole or upsell you into the full office 365 paid for version.

Libre looks almost identical to Word and Excel spread sheets and just as easy to use.