2.4 gh

Gaz Elliott

How about this for a goof!

After struggling to shoehorn a RD921 rx into a small airframe I decided to go back to 35meg so that I could use a smaller rx. I had a 6 channel synthesised rx that would fit perfectly but no transmitter (I gave my 2720 away) to drive it with. So a shiny new X2720 was ordered and arrived this morning from SMC.

Then I read a post from Timbo on this thread saying that a AR500 could be bought for £35!

ARGH!!!

I'm just waiting for the £ to really drop then they are all going up in price!!!

The cost of Rx's seems to be the bigest problem with 2.4 .

I'm waiting to find out who brings out an after market 2.4 Rx some one like jetti i hope. then I'll get that set. I know its all a matter of coding but sooner or later some one will.

DSM2 and FASST is just a licence for futaba and spektrum to print money! 

Dave Towell wrote (see)

I'm just waiting for the £ to really drop then they are all going up in price!!!

I'm waiting to find out who brings out an after market 2.4 Rx some one like jetti i hope. then I'll get that set. I know its all a matter of coding but sooner or later some one will.

C'mon Dave you saw the evidence at Honington this year.  I was flying confidently with no glitches, where the other guys were having problems and even losing aircraft for inexplicable reasons.  What price safety!!

Rob Crewe wrote (see)

It must look like one of these!

http://forums.modelflying.co.uk/sites/3/images/member_albums/31653/ju88withaerials.jpg

Only on the inside Rob! When you have invested money in a large model like the Hangar 9 80" Mustang I want to be sure everything is OK. I have seen some beautiful models terminated over the years because of apparent signal loss. I have also used the Spektrum Flight Log to check signal fade at 2 different locations, an active military airfield and at a local 'club' field and encountered no problems.

Dave Towell wrote (see)

£35 for a tiny, full range 5 channel receiver - I dont call that bad VFM m'self, considering the rekiability of the resultant RF link - this may be the kiss of death, but I can honestly say I have not lost one model or even had single glitch on anything since going 2.4Ghz.

Seems money well spent to me, after all, a decent DC PCM reeciver from the likes of MPX etc will set you back more than that.