Sign of the times - funnies * Remember this is a family friendly forum and inappropriate postings will be removed without warning.

ken anderson.

4 hours ago, Brian Cooper said:

The benefit of a modern university education. . . 

index-19.thumb.jpg.fca8d338de8fe792d2d8bc02f0db16af.jpg

To be fair, it doesn't matter whether you graduated last year or like me, over 40 years ago, a degree provides the core of knowledge that you then build on with work experience. Very often the book tells you how to do it right and people take short cuts because it's easier/cheaper, just wander round a new build house with a copy of the building regulations and you'll see what I mean.

The real problem is the prevalence of useless degree courses designed to fund the university without any prospect of the student getting a decently paid job that uses the knowledge they gained doing the degree.

3 hours ago, Shaun Walsh said:

The real problem is the prevalence of useless degree courses designed to fund the university without any prospect of the student getting a decently paid job that uses the knowledge they gained doing the degree.

Did I hear someone say "Media Studies"?

--

Pete

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The power of advertising. ...

Two young boys walked into a pharmacy one day, picked out a box of tampons and proceeded to the checkout counter.

The pharmacist at the counter asked the older boy, "Son, how old are you?'"
"Eight", the boy replied.

The man continued, "Do you know what these are used for?"

The boy replied, "Not exactly, but they aren't for me. They're for him. He's my brother. He's four."

"Oh, really?" the pharmacist replied with a grin.

"Yes." the boy said. "We saw on TV that if you use these, you would be able to swim, play tennis and ride a bike. Right now, he can't do none of those."

Edited by Brian Cooper
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Alex Ferguson 2 said:

Brian Cooper's question, "What went wrong?" He gave up smoking, grew a beard and took to the streets on a scooter. Probably got a job too. Became boring with a family.

It’s simpler than that. After a misadventure with the front numberplate while posing on the bike, the scooter was the only means of transport available to him!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1