Sign of the times - funnies * Remember this is a family friendly forum and inappropriate postings will be removed without warning.

ken anderson.

3 hours ago, kevin b said:

I looked up the word "thicket" and it appears that this post is insinuating that Yorkshiremen are stupid.

I take issue with that. We are many things (tight fisted, old fashioned, dower, etc), but to consider the population of our county as "stupid" in my opinion could be considered a racist slur.

A stupid Yorkshireman, Lancastrian, Scot, Irishman, or Nancy southerner for instance is a comment aimed at an individual and although not very nice can be considered as an observation.

To condemn an entire population of an area as far as I can gather in a public manner in this country (for what it's worth) is an illegal act and should be dealt with by the mods in the severest way possible.

Mind you.

As a Yorkshireman I don't really give a poop what anybody says about us as they are only jealous.

:classic_biggrin:

That must be why you went to the trouble of giving such a comprehensive reply. :classic_biggrin:

And you had to look up the word "thicket" to understand what it means ?  ?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, PatMc said:

That must be why you went to the trouble of giving such a comprehensive reply. :classic_biggrin:

And you had to look up the word "thicket" to understand what it means ?  ?

Normally I wouldn't waste my breath, but I was waiting for my tea to cooldown, so I had 3 minutes to spare.

Words can have many meanings and I like to make sure of my facts.

Anyway I said my piece and that's that.

:classic_tongue:

A Yorkshireman/ Scotsman etc was in hospital seriously ill, in the middle of the night the nurse doing the rounds noticed he was sweating excessively and went over, mopped his brow with a cold  flannel and said " There now are you comfortable?"     " Oh yes he replied , I have two shops, a laundrette and six flats"

1 hour ago, john davidson 1 said:

A Yorkshireman/ Scotsman etc was in hospital seriously ill, in the middle of the night the nurse doing the rounds noticed he was sweating excessively and went over, mopped his brow with a cold  flannel and said " There now are you comfortable?"     " Oh yes he replied , I have two shops, a laundrette and six flats"

Well, which one was it? Or are all the UK areas included ?

1 hour ago, Martin Harris - Moderator said:

Let’s not fall out over what started as a riposte to a bit of humorous xenophobia. The joke’s run it’s course so could we move on please?

I agree. Anyone know any jokes about moderators ?     ?

• Like 1

On 21/04/2022 at 17:29, john davidson 1 said:

She said I had to get more romantic so I gave her a massage with essential oils, Castrol GTX and WD40

After which did she slip into something comfortable and stop squeaking to you for a week?

Edited by Eric Robson
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

A billionaire landed at the airport after several weeks in deepest Africa cut off from all communication. Seated in the Bentley he asked the chauffeur for news. Do you want the good news or the bad news? What is the bad news?. Well your favourite dog is dead. Oh no what happened. Well your racehorse broke a leg  and landed on it.Why did the race horse break a leg? Burning beam from the stable fell on it. My stable , my 16th century listed stable, what made it catch fire ? High wind , sparks from the mansion carried over onto it. Mansion on fire! why did that happen. Well we think a candle on on your mothers coffin fell over . Not mother please not mother, ok just give me the good news.

Well with all the heat the daffodils came up two weeks early!

• Haha 1