Old Sanwa Radio

David Davis

I have three old Sanwa 35 meg. radios which still work well so I might as well use them.

However, as they are all over twenty years old it's about time I replaced the batteries! Buying replacement batteries is not a problem but I would also like to replace the leads at the same time.

The leads on these sets have rather chunky black plugs on the end and  the positive wire on the right rather than in the centre as on a Futaba lead.

Does any one know of anywhere which still sells this type of lead?

Thanks for the offer John, but I already have three Sanwa Conquest transmitters, a Mark One and two Mark Twos,  plus an unserviceable one for spares, 3 receivers, 21 servos and associated switches and five battery sets some of which are over 20 years old, hence the need to replace them.

In addition I have a Futaba FF6 which has six-model memory and a Spektrum DX6i with a ten-model memory.

Are we hoarders or what?

I phoned Ripmax yesterday. They still have some new 250mm extension leads which I can use as battery leads for my old Sanwa equipment. I've ordered them through my local model shop.

Happy Landings

David Davis