RCM & E Back Issues Help Please !!!

Rob Barrett

Hi everyone,
I'm hoping someone maybe able to please help me out ?
I'm desperate to get my hands on an old issue of RCM&E magazine, as follows:
RCM&E - June 2001
This needs to be fully intact / complete with plans etc...
I live in Norfolk and I am able to collect, in person, from anywhere in Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire or North Essex - is there anyone out there who can please, please help me out ?
Please note I've already tried RCM&E / Magicalia and they can't help me with this one !
Many thanks and kind regards, Rob.

Thanks for your kind offer David but one of your colleagues (Eileen) is already on the case and kindly already agreed to do this for me. Maybe I'm being silly but I'd still like to get my hands on the original magazine, anyway, if Im possibly can. For information I'm looking fo the "Tucano" article & build plan. Kind regards, Rob

Rob

you'll need these people as well;

vortex vacforms (pilots, canopy and cockpit details)

http://www.vortex-vacforms.co.uk/

Pyramid models - Self-adhesive decals for the RAF Tucanos (both Black/Yellow and Red/white/Blue, and all sizes);

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/y.j/shop/

The build instructions on the tucanobuild website are also helpful.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d98/alicabrio/DSC00049.jpg

AlistairT

Hi Alistair and thanks for all your supplied information - this is very, very useful. I had tried HobbyStorers website, yesterday, but I couldn't find the plans / canopies that I thought would be on there ! This Pyramid model website may even help me out with a large'ish Red Arrows Hawk 'retoration' project I'm also working on as I need all the decals that I can locate for this and wasn't sure where to start ! Thanks again.
Rob

Rob

do a google search on;'nigel hawes tucano 45"' and read through some of the forum discussions on this model.

Based on these discussions I reinforced the rear fuselage with two diamond shaped pieces of 1/64 ply. As a result it has not broken behind the former at the rear of the cockpit like some of ones shown on the forums had as a result of "heavy landings".

I don't think you can see this in the picture above, but I can take another if that's helpful.

AlistairT

• 2 weeks later...
To Tom Owen - I'd like to say a big, big thank you (through this forum) to Mr Tom Owen of Nuneaton for his generosity in sending me one of the back issues of RCM&E Magazine that I have been desperately trying to lay my hands on - previously to no avail ! Tom has given this Magazine to me, free of charge, and even paid the postage - I'm hoping one day I can return the favour ! Myself and my 10 year old son are both very new to this hobby and have been amazed at the helpfullness and kindness that many, many people have shown us both. To a newcomer this is a daunting sport (particularly when you're also trying to work towards your A Certificate, as a complete 'learner' !). All too often nowadays we hear about the bad things in society - maybe if a few more people tried this hobby their faith would be restored ! (Sorry, I'm sounding like a preacher now !) Thanks again Tom and kind regards, Rob Barrett