Hi out there

Vecchio Austriaco

This is not the first post in this forum as I found it some days ago - but just now I saw the Newbie Threads topic.

I am not completely new to modell flying - but new to this forum. So I would like to introduce myself a bit.

I started flying models some 30 years ago - mainly gliders. After I found my wife I made a 15 years break from flying  (as I had to wait until my son grew up to be a reasonable excuse...). I restarted 3 years ago and found a different world - prices went down, performace went up and electric power climed out of its early stadium.

Now I fly some electric aerobatics - and I think of some larger project for 2010. This will be an Extra 300s, this time with internal combustion engine. It should be a semiscale version of Mike Rottlands plane. Rottland is a German aerobatic pilot which I saw at an airshow last year. (The model will not be the first copy as I saw already a modell of his plane on his web page)

As you may have noticed from all my grammer and spelling mistakes I am not English, I am Austrian and live since 10 years in the north of Italy. Here I fly in a club called ALA Lecco. In the internet pages of my club I found some references to RCME - this is how I found the forum.  

If you wonder what my nick wound mean - it's simple - the old Austrian. This is what they called me here in one of the modell shops.

So - thats me. 
Enjoy you hobby

Hi,

welcome to the forum

Very friendly bunch on here and lots of interesting threads and useful advice! Don't worry about the English - its great! Its better than my German and heaps better than my Italian!

If you have not already got it one of the mods will point you at the "starter" threads! Useful stuff for making best use of the forum

Enjoy

BEB

Hello Old Austrian, not sure if you have seen the standard welcome post here it is just in case you haven't.........you may already know a lot of the stuff but have a look anyway.
They're a great crowd in here and you'll find help with just about anything.

Can I ask that you have a look through these?.......Mostly about how to use the forum and general useful information.

Please read these. 

And here 

And another

Apart from that, just jump in and have fun.

Bruce

Edited By Timbo - Administrator on 18/11/2009 19:26:52