2.4 GHZ

hello joseph-----dont know about the manufacture'rs with the 2.4ghz......should imagine what will happen is everyone will have converted to 2.4ghz in the year's to come and then they will bring out a new spec/freq etc......and then 2.4ghz will be consigned to history.................as reguard's sanwa radio-i think the answer is similar to year's ago with the VHS---BETAMAX video equipment...the betamax was better quality but the public and video distributor's pushed vhs so much that in this country betamax was given the elbow.....same as sanwa/futaba...allthough i think now that spectrum is putting up a good fight against futaba in the price/wot you get for your dosh comparison......

ken anderson.......vote for me.........

Joseph, you've highlighted the issue with 2.4GHz in that the systems don't talk to each other except Spektrum and JR which are both DSM2 based. After that you can forget it - manufacturers don't state compatibility because there simply isn't any. 

Sanwa is fine kit but with a horribly small user base - I can only speak from experience/what I've seen but I'd say they can only have 1-2% of the market, probably less. 

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 07/12/2009 12:09:07

Sanwa were quite popular, at least where I fly, something like 5 or 10 years ago.  35MHz obviously, and it was one specific radio that was quite widely used.  I don't recall the model number, RD(something)000? and it had a large LCD screen just below the aerial.  They've all-but disappeared since then though.

I wish Spektrum and the other 2.4Ghz mfrs had taken a close look at the Sanwa RD6000 before designing their kit.

The screen at the top is FAR easier to read than at the bottom, and the Sanwa has a large screen uncluttered by stupid logos (do I really need the LCD screen to tell me I'm using a Spektrum???).

I committed to Spektrum before Sanwa brought out their 2.4Ghz kit but for anyone still undecided they've now caught up.  Ripmax still support the Sanwa brand in the UK and several model shops now stock them (and most can get them).    I have to admit though, the lower price of receivers still gives Spektrum the economy edge over any other brand if you've got several models to convert.