The Mode Survey - what do you fly?

Well done those who have replied

But come on the rest of you guys. We have somewhere around 50 replies - but over 350 have looked at the thread - that means 300+ of you have read the tread but not responded!

What's with this? Is what mode you fly confidential information? Come on lads and lasses, let's try and reach at least 100 - without that we have a unreliable result. So please help but me out of this torment of not knowing the answer to the questions

BEB

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother on 05/01/2010 22:11:37:
Well done those who have replied

But come on the rest of you guys. We have somewhere around 50 replies - but over 350 have looked at the thread - that means 300+ of you have read the tread but not responded!

What's with this? Is what mode you fly confidential information? Come on lads and lasses, let's try and reach at least 100 - without that we have a unreliable result. So please help but me out of this torment of not knowing the answer to the questions

BEB

Hi BEB,

think like the other 300+ views my view would've been an international entry that would skew the numbers so i decided not to list what mode i fly,

Cheers
Rob

1. Mode 2
2. Kent
3. Kent
4. Instructor (Bought an electric plane and learned the  basics myself, after crashing so much the plane became unfixable due to so many repairs, decided to join a club and learn properly, which i did and it really is worth doing. You think you can fly untill you get taught properly then you think you were crap lol.)

Mode 1
N.E.Lincs
N.E.Lincs
Instructor

I learned to fly approx 20 years ago when Mode 1 locally seemed the norm but have only recently returned to the hobby. Now most of those I fly with are Mode 2, have preferences changed over the years?

Phil

1 , Mode 2   
 2, west midlands   
 3, west midlands   
 4, Instructor

In my opinion you can,t beat good instruction ,  even if you pay it is still cheaper than crashing lots of models. I have been lucky and have managed to use my cash to increase and improve my fleet.

les

Hi,

well 65 responses so far. I've transfered them to a spreadsheet (sad I know - but I'm off work due to the weather situation!) prior to doing some stats analysis. I'll leave it running for a little while yet as responses are still coming in.

Just to whet your appetite there are already some interesting (and unexpected) trends emerging - like it seems, on first glance, that you might be more likely to fly mode 1 if your self taught? Mmmmm? As I say I haven't done the proper analysis yet so that is very tentative - but possibly interesting.

Keep the responses coming in - as I say the more we have the more accurate the result.

BEB