Twister Bell 47 tx conversion

Dennis Ainsworth

Hi all, been and gone and got myself one of the Twisters, the tx for the money looks and feels reasonable but it is of course in Mode 2 and I fly Mode 1. Bought via mail order and had a word with the shop and they dont know how to do it and nothing in the manual either.
I have done it in the past with Futaba 27 gear and realise its just a bit more than just changing the springs over on the sticks, so, is there anybody out there done the conversion and would be kind enough to point me in the right direction as I would like to give the heli a go but I am useless in Mode 2, been too long using Mode 1.
'D'.

Advert

Hi Timbo, thought of that last night late, think it would indeed be easier to swap the complete gimbals over, but it still means that you have to swap the wiring over as well because the act of swapping them over in effect reverses the wiring because when they are swapped the gimbals are then in the upside down position, would be no problem if I had the servo reversing switches as they show in the manual but mine hasnt.
I have contacted JP but from past experience I dont hold out for much from them really.
Had the Jeti ESC from USA this morning and also got my new boom so I can busy myself with that for a bit.
'D'.

Had a reply from JP and they just dont want to know and refuse to give any assistance, all they seem to want is the money, had that before with them.
Was giving it further thought last night and on second thoughts its probably not a good thing to swap the gimbals over as a whole as apart from what I said about them being upside down they will also be reversed, i.e. left to right etc, that will entail quite a lot of rewiring. If I remember right when we used to use the old 27am gear with a 6 channel rx, all you did was swap the spring on the ratchet over and use different channels on the rx, had a look at the rx on the heli and there are 4 spare, so it could work the same.
Think the best thing is to bung the whole thing back and get a refund.
'D'.

Timbo, have had the replacement heli for the Twister, had the Blade CX2 with the 2.4Ghz r/c.
Very impressed with it, looks good and by golly it flies good as well.
Only got a space in the house thats clear away from furniture etc of about 4 feet square and in about 5 mins I had it hovering at about 18" high, even took it off from a chair in front of me, can fully recommend it, brilliant and its in Mode 1.
'D'.