DX& dual aileron servo set-up - flap channel behaviour

Ken Moore

Hello, I fear this may have been discussed elsewhere as it is pretty basic, but I haven't found the answer so far.

I am setting up a model which requires different up/down travel on the ailerons (first time for me). I have a DX7 transmitter and a 6200 receiver. The servos are plugged into the aileron and AUX1 channels respectively. The 'wing type' is set to flaperon, and 'input select - flap' to 'system'.

The ailerons work as intended but when I first switch the receiver on the aileron on the AUX1 channel moves to the full down position, then goes back to neutral when the motor ready signal is sounded. Is this normal or have I missed or got something wrong in the set up?

Thanks in advance

KenM

Advert

That depends on the servo.  Some will not move on lack of signal input, others will travel full deflection, and there is effectively "no signal" after first switching on, whilst the Tx and Rx mate up. If you have the latter type of servo, no amount of rebinding /failsafe setting etc will change that I am afraid.