lightweight snakes

Terence Lynock

Working with Depron means I have had to make a few adjustments as far as fittings are concerned, where I would usually use pushrods I quite often use a snake instead.
problem is on small models the normal sizes meant for bigger models are just too cumbersome and awkward to fit especially with tightish bends, one answer that has worked out perfectly is to make my own snakes.
You can usually find small bore plastic pipe in the hydraulics section of 'Office and Industrial' on Ebay, there is a fella selling 2mm bore plastic tube for around 4 quid for 30 metres.
The inners are 150 Lb breaking strain steel fishing trace, about £2.50 for 10 metres, the trace wire is plastic coated and as it is much more flexible than the usual snake inner there is very little friction taking the load off the servo.
I also use fishing trace wire at 15 lb breaking strain for pull-pull systems, it doesnt stretch and can simply be folded back on itself and crimped after passing through the horn,

regards,      Terry

Advert