Micro Stick - Rudder an improvement?

Neal Snooke

• 1 month later...
Advert

Neil, just read your message and am currently about to put glue to balsa with my own kit. I will not bother with rudder, its not likely to help much and will raise the weight. If,later after thrashing it about, I think it might be worth developing, Then I'll have a bash but for now mmmm no dont think so. Just my opinion.

Good luck.
Phil.
P.S. Any progress on yours?

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Phil,
Yep mine was finished about 2 days after the original post! I didn't bother with rudder. It flies really well - and deals with a 'light breeze' OK. I fly it on a hillside behind my house when I havn't time to go to the strip, and it is not calm enough for a Shocky. It is really quite fast - keeps the old reaction time up ! Watch out not to run out of elevator on approach it will slow up well but don't overdo it... It is my only model allowed in the living room and lives on top the telly !

Sadly can't fly anything this week due to being in Stuttgart - without any models, although I'm thinking about making a hand luggage sized box for the microstick (and demote the laptop to checked baggage).... Especially when it turns out to be a bank holiday in Germany today :) Not sure about the frequency use though.

Enjoy it, Neal.

Hi Neal,
Thanks for responding. I think you must be spoilt to have planes (however small) in the living room AND on the telly, hard luck on the weekend I'm off up the field or the LMA at Rougham for some supplies!
I had the same thought on hand luggage, have a mate in NZ and thinking of returning there next year for a holiday, plane will have to go!

Currently the Micro stick is covered and just needs gear to be installed - almost ready to go. Thanks for the tip on the elevator, point taken.

Cheers, Phil.