FPS131s servos

geofb

Advert

They are obviously a little old to be listed, but will probably be fine for your Cub. Personally, I would just connect them up to your radio, fit a decent output arm to them each in turn, then switch on. Without moving the sticks, try to move the output arm and feel for "feedback" slop, or abnormal noise. Then still holding the arm, move a stick and then

"feel the force Luke" - oops sorry, came over all funny then...wonder what that was ???

Again feel, listen, watch etc for any jerkiness, slipping, etc. If you feel happy to do so, remove the top cover ( usually long screws go right through all case sections from the bottom up ) and have good look for broken teeth on gearsets etc. If you dismantle the gear train,make a sketch /notes of what goes where for re-assembly. HTH

PS you can purchase commercial purpose made servo testers if you feel the need, such as this.....http://www.technobots.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Test_Gear_244.html

Hi Timbo,

Many thanks for prompt reply.  I have done as you suggest, except for taking the tops off. 

Pleased to report that I was able to say for each - "the force is strong with this one".

Would you still recommend a visual inspection of the insides?

Regards

Geoff 

Not if your at all dubious about doing it ! Often when disassembling them, lots of little bits come flying out all over the floor, and you know where that might lead to

I expect they shold be OK, 'tis usually a plastic gear toothe which breaks, or bearing that goes sloppy, and you should habve been  able to detect these from what you have done already.