Maestro plan pack?

lemonitart

Does anybody out there have any info on a plan pack model called the maestro. It looks a bit like an acro wot but nicer. It has foam veneered wings and built up body. believe it was in production about 15 years ago . My flying buddy got one given ready built and borrowed my o s 70 stroke and is one of the best sport models I have flown. I'm sure they don't make them any more ,but if anyone has a plan or even a kit in there attic I would pay to get hold of one. Please reply here and all info will be gratefully received. Thanks
Lemonitart.

• 4 years later...
Advert

I have just become aware that tthe Maestro model that I desgned has been getting disscused on this forum. In the early '90s two models were very popular the Ripmax Gangster and the Acrowot. The Gangster was a very smooth flyer but the Acrowot that I had always felt "on the edge" and I never felt entirely comfortable flying it. Looking for a a new project in 1990 I decided to design my own model around the same size as the Gangster / Acrowot class. I set out to create a smooth flying ,aerobatic model with no vices and I thnk that I achieved that. After a lot of flying the prototype model was destroyed in a crash but I built a replacemnt and it still gets an occasional airing on good summer days!!!

• 2 months later...

Hi Percy, When I drew up the plans for the Maestro I was trying to get away from the Acro Wot style. Using your imaination have a look at the side view pf the model and you might see a faint resemblance to a British Aerospace "Hawk".hence the reason for the tilted forward canopy and sloping cockpit siderails.The good handling of the Maestro may have been just luck but I think the slightly thicker wing with more rounded leading is the main reason it flies so smoothly.

It is a nice thought going into prooduction again but as I am now 77 and suffer from Parkinsons Disease I don't think that is likely to happen. It is nice though to know that the Maestro is still being talked about 35 years after it first took to the skies.

Regards,

John