Black Horse Cub 120

Advert

Bought one last year and she was a pleasure to build. As for flying, taking off; not a problem, unstuck in less than fifteen yards. My difficulty is getting her back on the ground! She can glide until the cows come home.
I cannot recall any major issues with the build, I put an inverted four stroke in her, 1.20 ASP which sounds the business. Cut down the wing bolts as they are awkward and seem to take forever doing up.
A 16x10 Graupner Sonic saw her through an 82Db sound test using the standard exhaust pipe.
She flies very well and is very forgiving. I would suggest you confine her days to those when you have a single figure blow as the large wing certainly catches the breeze. One word of caution, I pulled a relatively tight loop and managed to break the stud that holds one on the wing strut tie bars in. I had to manufacture my own replacement as well.
Ripmax don't seem to list spares, I need a new cowl for mine, but ring them up, a new cowl costs £16.00 odd but is a special order as I suspect most of the parts are.
I did experiment with flaperons but the season came to an end before I could get to grips with them.
I have bent the u/c on mine many times and this can be a bit fiddly to straighten again but Dubro low bounce wheels should be considered.
Ramblings over. I have manufactured a tray to go in place of the access hatch under the fuze and I have mounted a camera in there. I am awaiting the next good to get some shots.