On-board glow

Brian Coe

Hi Guys

I've tried the on-board glow from Just Engines twice now, the first glitched and crashed, the second on a Flair SE5A glitches like mad when engine running at full throttle. All control surfaces jumping and the throttle rapidly opening and closing, settling somewhat when revs dropped.
Doe anyone have anythoughts or experiences of this please.
I've got one on a Spitfire and worry that the same will happen when I test fly it.
All ideas gratefully accepted. Thanks

Advert

Thanks fly boy, I rang them and they are unaware of any problems, so looks like it's something else. I'll need to change the rx and or strip out the on-board glow. At least I didn't try to fly it and defy gravity yet again with a defective model, or is it a defective pilot????
Probably the latter!!

Thanks Eric, I'll look into that, though I don't recall any metal to metal connections.
I do use 35Mhz radio, and the interesting thing is that the glow does not energise above 1/4 throttle, but I wondered if the electrics from battery to servo could cause problems. It only does it on full chat.
I do have a plug-in 2.4Ghz for my tx so may have to try that, though I had hoped to find a simpler solution as I don't want to switch to 2.4Ghz due to the cost to convert all my planes, and the messing about with one model.
I have an on-board glow on a Spitfire which I'm hoping to fly this weekend, if I do we'll see if the glow is okay. I'll report back guys.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks guys, the update is that I;ve converted my FF9 to Spektrum with the Spectrum plug-in unit.

Not had the chance to run it since the conversion, so hope it'll have solved the problem. Will post the results, though may be a few months, going off on holiday for 6 weeks. ahh the joys of retirement!!