Advice needed

CCRacer

I'm not a newcomer to model flying although I might as well be having last flown a 4ch Pitts type with a 61 motor about the mid '80's or so. I've recently been down near to my local flying club and watched the guys there having fun.

It's now got me thinking about starting up again but which way to go? Can anyone give me some advice on a reasonable plane plus radio gear to purchase to get me back into the hobby? Any advice gratefully received. Thanks.

Advert

welcome to the forum CCracer.

first thing I would say is if you plan to join a club go there and introduce yourself first before you buy a new model. One type of model may suite the site better than others. with you previous flying a low wing trainer maybe a good starting point to get you going again

you may see many electric models are used now aswell as the glow models.

radio gear depends one what type of models you plan to go for but for general sports models you cant go far wronge with a DX6i.

Hi there, you mention "reasonable" that leaves a very wide choice, however i would suggest going and introducing yourself to the guys at the club you mention. As to model, I strongly suggest that you look at a Trainer type. Again the club guys will help best, they may even have a trainer model for use in the club.

Many are now going for electric powered models although IC is very popular, as is the "new" frequency band of 2.4 Ghz which has great benefit to us. Again,, you guessed it, the club guys will be your best guide.

Have fun.