Can I just say GAH, COMPUTERS!

Robin Kearney

I just built myself a nice little mini-itx PC to use with a simulator and the odd game here and there.

Everything seems fine except I get no video at all on the DisplayPort connector, which of course is the only one I need. Oh well time to call support tomorrow morning then

Its not like I spend all day fighting the damn things I so don't want to spend my evenings doing the same!

r.

Advert

I don't know if you have tried anything but try finding it on device manager (if you are on windows) and seeing if it is shown as working correctly. Next, update the driver.
Lastly, try uninstalling it from control panel uninstall programmes and re booting. It should find new hardware and reinstall it.
Other than that, a sledge hammer often works.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Its a bit of a weird one.

Nothing showing in device manager has a yellow triangle. The DVI and HDMI outputs work fine, but the DisplayPort does nothing.

So far I've tried upgrading the graphics drivers and the bios to the latest, even trying the current beta bios (scary!) all to no avail. Rang the motherboard manufacturers tech support this morning who were helpful and suggested getting it replaced.

The supplier suggested asking the more knowledgable tech support in Hong Kong which I've agreed to, they have until Friday morning at which point I'll get a refund I think!

birdy, it is a Zotac H67 Mini ITX motherboard, which according to the sales bumf should _just work_ with DisplayPort

r.