Battery Charger repair

I have a battery charger - RC Line Multi Plus 12 Model No.RP-500 - which has served me well for a number of years and is now used as a supplementary to a Multiplex model which also allows PB and lipo charging. Unfortunately it has ceased to function and investigation reveals that a 16 pin DIL - TL494CN (9BC295M) - shows overheating by pins 5,6,7 and 8 although the PCB appears to be OK. The model shop from which I purchased the charger has been closed for some years following the sad death of the modelling owner and I do not know the source of supply. Could anyone suggest somewhere/somebody able to offer a repair sevice? I can dis-assemble so that only the PCB is available. Thanks.

Advert

If you accept that this IC may not be the only reason for its demise, and therefore replacement does not guarantee success I will happily fit one for you. Do you have the replacement chip, - I see farmnell list them as "available until stocks are exhausted" at around a couple of quid or so.

Email me via button if interested.