BobCat .120

kiwi g

Advert

Hm, thats a pretty big 'plane Graham. Its also for fast flying, so you need a powerful, high revving motor. Pusher config is no problem, as with electric motors, you simply use a standard prop, and reverse the motor direction - dead easy .
Im guessing the AUW at approx 12lbs, so you're needing around 1500 Watts minimum I reckon, and probably better at closer to 2kW.

This will need at least 6s lipo, and again, probably better on 8s to keep the current lower.
This in turn means HV ESC, which cost bit more than regualar ones.

Whats your budget Graham?

I will weigh it later to get some idea.
lipos of 8s is not an issue.
Budget , because of exchange rate we will look at middle of the range .
Ill have alook at the watts and kw range youve suggested and see what i can find for a start. then ask your thoughts .
Budgets really no issue but like all , we want best value .
I will be back.

Thats interesting as I had looked at scorpion motors but was looking at the larger diameter. 55mm .
Also looked at the eflite 110 and 160 265 kv . which to me didnt seem to have enough kv for a jet style of aircraft. 265 rpm x volt.
**Note ** Im still getting my head around electrics.
I note the 40 mm scorpion is 440 kv so will spin a smaller prop faster.
Now before i get carried away , i need to look at all up weight. Prop diameter and number of cells . I think prop diameter will be a major factor because of ground clearence. so i will check those first and be back .
Cheers kiwi g