Multi engine plan search.

Phils

Hello Flying mates,

Being an oily bloke and venturing into electic stuff, first with a Ripmax Spitfire then with a little Micro Stick from Micron Models, I have found that this electric side of the hobby is funn (and clean) stuff.

I recently ressurected an old Hercy bird lookalike from a departed club mate and decided to clean it up and have a go. The model has 4 x 400 motors and is a bit on the old side.

Being none too sure how this would perform as it was an own design and weight double what would be needed (lets just say its build to withstand the next holocaust), I ventured into the skies of blue and although it was struggling into the air, once a bit of speed had built up the bird performed. So impressed was I that I felt another multi was deffinately on the cards so to cut a long story short (too late). . . . without going for Tony's grand multi's, does anybody know of multi planes out there for electric that I can have a bash at bearing in mind that I still have to work!

Honest, this is a serious question, I think there was a plan of a twin a few years back something like 'Sky Van'? but that is not necessarily what I am looking for (just a clue).

I have 100's of back issues but not got round to thumbing through them all yet.

Help would be appreciated. Anybody got a list?

Ta,

Phil S.

Advert

Am I allowed a bit of shameless plugging David? Other than that, cheapest and simplest no doubt are the GWS Dakota, P-38 and C-130 [in fact, you can decided if you run 2 or 4 motors on the transall.....weird!]. Both could be done pretty cheaply [power train on brushless could be done for around £28-£30 per side for really good performance that's motor, ESC, Prop & prop adapter, cheaper if you want a little less performance].

Alfa do a gorgeous Beaufighter, Scorpio a DH Mosquito, as do flying styro [also a BF110, and a B-25] but this stuff is pretty well at the top of the tree price wise, like a certain B-17 I could mention, but won't.

Hi

Have a look in the June 2004 RCME as there are plans for a speed 400 powered Mosquito and German "Moskito ".

They are smallish models with a 1 meter wingspan , easy to build with balsa sheet wings. They should have great performance when powered with small brushless motors and a lipo giving around 200 to 300 watts.

At the risk of being drummed out of the RCM & E fraternity may I suggest you look at a series of model designed by Dale Tattam for that other mag RCMW. I've built the Ju288 and the Heinkel 177 and both flew superbly on Speed 400 motors and 8 X CP 1300 cells. These days I'd happily use 3S Lipos on twin Speed 400s as the motors in my Twin Star have not suffered one bit. They were run in underwater however. Another plan is the B24 also done for 4 Speed 400 (by Robin Fowler - I think) but it depends what your tastes run to . 

David,

Thanks for this information, I'll check it out. Plus, another bit of laziness on my part as Robin is a club mate and I should have thought to ask him as well . . . Ah well, hey ho!

Thanks,

Phil.

P.S. Perhaps it was just a excuse to comminicate via the forum - and it worked.