ASM Pitts Special

Steveflys

Advert

• 9 months later...

Hi Steve,

I am flying a 120 FS Pitts, the picture is in the Gallary. I used the OS 120  which delivers plenty of power.  The plane flys a dream, the only thing I am having slight difficulty with is the knife edge, when I apply the rudder it has an adverse effect , as yet I have not found the solution, if I do I will pass it on to you. I am looking for information on a smoke system for the pitts, if anybody can recommend a good one please let me know.  I think you will enjoy flying your pitts ,  good luck. Dave

Hi Eric,

I am sorry if I alarmed you, The plane carried on through past the quarter roll to inverted and of course headed towards the ground. I recoverd the Pitts , but the butterflys in stomarch did the full pattern before I recovered.   I suggest when you try your knife edge for the first time make sure its at a good hight above the ground.

I have now stiffend up the control linkages on the wings, The Pitts now flys a dream, it has only two high speed JR servos in the lower wing, linked by steel rods to the upper controls, if I built another one I would go for a four a servo system ( A direct drive to each control) I think it was the  quality of the horns and the connecting rods which caused my ( adverse effect) 

I stiffend the steel rods  with carbon fiber using heat shrink to join them .

Have nice Christmas

Dave.