Correcting a spray paint mistake

Craig Spence

Hi all,
When I was spraying my fuselage I had a paint run on the nose. Cut a long story short, I sanded it too quick before it was dry and it's left a crater effect.

How can I smooth this out well?, I was thinking of sanding it back with 1000 grit wet dry until well feathered and then respraying.
Would this work well enough?.

Cheers all.

Advert

In a way thats actually what you want.

The feathering you are planning when sanding is actually spreading the mistake into new areas, but in doing so makes the transition between them softer. You should be aiming to "feather" your new coats as well.

No reason it won't come out ok in the end.

I don't like the tins- keep an eye out at Aldi/Lidl etc for cheap compressors.

It depends how big the model is to a degree, but I do all my spraying using a £10 spray gun- even the delicate stuff. I tried cheap airbrushes but the high pigment fighter aces paint just clogs them straight up, and I'm not really talented enough to justify a more expensive one.

Hi all,
Thought I'd post on my old thread for this as it's related.

Bought some masking tape today from wilkinsons and it reaches maximum tack after four hours. I'd like to mask everything tonight and spray tomorrow.
Is there anything wrong with this or will it be fine, I don't want to lift paint.

Feedback appreciated,
Cheers,
Craig.