Minium conversion to shockie

I would have thought 3mm with a CF stiffner would be ok, perhaps with a doubled plate on the nose n belly

Have you got the worm drives, or the magnet servo's with a proper arm..??
I only ask as I had a worm drive just cease up for no reason, and the 4ch with magnet servo's, started flipping the servo's 180 degs over when I fitting it into a Guillows Cub..

Luv
Chrisie.. xx

It is a 3 channel Cessna with worm drives. All the parts have been removed including control horns ready to go. The arms are good and worms work..... Or have I spoke too soon.? The used to float around the hall for a relaxing flight . Thought it might just help out a friend .. But not when it was. Just running round the floor due to glue over load!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I ripped the innards out of a park zone p51 and made my self a shockie type indoor plane

it's 2mm depron apart from the nose where I've glue 6mm either side to take the knocks. the wing has a 2mm carbon spar and a kf section.

I fly in a single basket ball size hall and it's plenty slow enough. if i remember correctly it's 35g with the battery

I've also built a Cessna from the same system. 2mm built up fuselage and 3mm wing. the wing doesn't have a carbon spar. i did stick a single piece of sellotape on the underside though. It does bow a little on sharp turns but never let me down. the undercamber probably gives it a bit of stiffness too

have fun and if first you don't succeed then get the knife out and hack it a bit  works for me

kev

Edited By kevin wild on 12/12/2011 11:54:46

Edited By kevin wild on 12/12/2011 11:56:17

Dooh I have cut out a profile frame and glued together but in my haste have found I've lost a small cog that fits in the worm drive. It's the one on the motor. The smaller of the two . I have swept the floor and scoured the debris , shook the mat all to no avail. Anyone know where I can source one from???