No names no 'pack drill'

Was looking around for some aluminium servo horns that clamp to the servo o/p shaft splines. SWB's are rather pricey but came across some made by Hanger9, that looked suitable, from a UK shop. 1.5in half arms @ £6, four required and a rudder closed loop 3in full arm @£9. Total cost £33 and they would all fit easily in an A5 padded envelope weighing next to nothing. Checked the shops shipping and they had a fixed rate of £8.90. I thought I would give them a ring thinking there must be some other rate for small items. No, I was told, they only used FedEx and didn't have the time to go to the Post Office for other items. They obviously are getting to much money. They could easily ship small items collectively once or twice a week and not loose sales.
I wonder how they would react when buying just a carton of milk and/or a loaf of bread in the local supermarket to be told by a supervisor that they would not be served as the check out girls dont have the time to deal with a small purchase when others are waiting with trolly's.
Neadless to say I went to HK and found other suitable items for just a few dollars and after addind some more items a shipping rate of just $6.99 by air freight.
Yet another example of the arrogant poor customer service I've come to expect from some of the UK LMS

Edited By GONZO on 07/01/2012 16:00:30

Advert

I've now found these items from another dealer in the UK at a pound cheaper for each item and with free shipping. Only problem is they are special order but stated to be obtainable in a few days from the distributer.
Not that I have had any problems with HK, all my orders have arrived within 10 days and all items have worked OK.
Whilst I'm on a rant about UK hobby retail attitudes. I've noticed the growing tendency by internet retailers to add a handling charge and then charge VAT on this and the postage/shipping. As far as I am aware there is no VAT on postage. The super market example springs to mind - "That will be £1.10 for your loaf of bread pus a handling charge of 20p, Sir!" I bet that would not go down well.
This pass time is a discresionary spend activity and in an increasingly stringent financial landscape people will, I am sure, become more critical of these 'sharp' practices.