Is 846 feet High.. ??

Hi Dean..

Have you got the latest version of the software..??

When you load the 'Trip' onto the PC, it gives you the option of 'Templates'.. If you choose 'Sport', this gives the same page setup / data as mine, which I found to be the most data filled option.. Presuming your software is the same..

I'm on V3.2 (7 Dec 2010), which might well be older than the one shipped with your device..

Either way, have fun with it... And hurry up and get a plane.. wink

Luv

Chrisie.. xx

Edited By Cyclicscooby on 11/04/2012 21:32:14

Advert

Hi Chrisie

I did not see any option as sport or any thing simlar to download when I installed, i just download software, I'll have a play and see what's what.

Still doing research on the plane, I no what plane I want, and thought I new what engine. But been advised my choice of engine is for no noob.

I like to get all my info together before I spend any money, then I will buy all the stuff needed in one hit, safe buying in bits and bats.

Plus working 12 hrs 7 days a week give me no time, but only 3-4 weeks left of these days hrs. Then I'll just be on 12's mon to Friday. All work and no play as they say.

Tis deff worth the money phil, I could find nothing better for £22.95 posted. when you install click on the @trip pc on desk top, this give better view and better laid out information.

It Evan plays back your flight if that's what your using it for, when I had my iPhone and the pdashboard app, my bros max speed was 74mph form MX2. Be sure to change settings to 1 second though.

Mine arrived today.

I loaded the disc and charged the battery, then I sent my 9 year old out for a walk with it.

Up loaded it when he came back on to the Trip PC programe and hey presto. I found out where he has been.

I'm going to take it out in the car later and try it on the sport programe next

Phil

Hey Kids sorry to have to put a damper on things but Bluetooth shares the same 2.4GHz band as our radio control systems (unless your using 35MHz) so take care to make sure your radio link isn't compromised before you fly with one of these on board.

Good point.. !!

Mine hasn't got BT, being the bigger older one.. It's on the newer ones to act a a GPS receiver for your laptop, etc, so I presume, if it's in logger mode, you can turn the BT off, if for no other reason, to save battery life..

Worth lookin into, you guys who've just got one..

Luv

Chrisie.. xx

Yes, Blue tooth does use the same band as 2.4Ghz tx's.

However BT devices have a limited power output, I would recomend a full range test to check for signal swamps at extreme range, but give the IP addressed and packetised nature of the signals the chance of a none swamping lock out are very slim.

Personnally I'd just turn off the BT connection anyway - you want to record, not stream!

Very many thanks to Chrisie for the information about the I-GotU GPS tracker from Maplins. What a useful device this is, and so easy to use. I wanted to check how close I was flying to farmhouses near the flying field (not very close) and how close to power lines (far too close......)

Dead easy to use on the old puter too, which is a huge bonus these days.

Cheers,

Trevor

Does anyone know how to change the default location icon on the I-GotU GPS plotter Google Earth map (it's a camera icon) to the aircraft icon seen on Chrisie's picture, shown earlier in this thread.

An aircraft icon would be so much better !

Thank you,

Trevor

PS What a great gadget, for under £20......

I think Carl, that you have to upload the log to Google using an API key or summut (Dont ask me more, I don't know) and it can do 3d that way..

I did search the www for free 3d mapping software, but that was 2yrs ago, and I didn't find anything suitable..

Might be summut out there now.. If you know how, try a torrent site..

Regarding the ICON, I think I 'browsed' to the windows Icon folder, and found the plane there... Cud be wrong tho.. I'll go and check..

Bare with...

Luv

Chrisie.. xx

Thanks Chrisie, you gave me the clue how to change the camera icon into an aeroplane icon on my GPS tracks on Google Earth.

There doesn't seem to be a way of changing the icons via the program settings (or if there is, I can't find it....). Instead, navigate to Crogram Files/Mobile Action/aTrip/Templates. Once there, find the aircraft icon, copy it, delete the camera icon in each of the eight template folders, paste the aircraft icon in place in the eight folders instead, and rename them "Camera".

Not an elegant way of doing things, but it works a treat.

Many thanks once again Chrisie.

Trevor

• 2 weeks later...

Put my i got u in my bros plane, it's a MX2 foam plane. For the 3D share trip set account up, then there is options on how you want to view click 3D and follow instructions. 

I use google chrome and all it asked was to download the add on for 3D

As can be seen below if it's worked, note the 2280 atitude

click here

Very good kit this i got u, can't wait to put it in my trainer.

Edited By Dean Jeffery on 04/05/2012 16:05:37

Edited By Dean Jeffery on 04/05/2012 16:07:57