Tutor 40 full kit RTF

Dean Jeffery

Advert

Posted by Alan Cantwell on 14/05/2012 19:30:01:

not to email a possible new member is a crass thing to do, but PLEASE, dont fly without insurance, its not a legality, but to not bother is rather daft, and visiting this club FOR your first few flights is exacty what you should do,

TBH I think this club just keeps to them selfs, my bros been a few times just to take a look. but no way would I go and do a maiden, i tend to get nervous when watched very easy, when people stud and watched me fly the heli, I would just land. Looking then walking off soon after I'm not bothered.

Buy until I can take off fly with some confidence and land then i may check this club out, failing that it will be just me and my brother, as the next clubs to far away. Here is some pics if they come out right using the phone, as or if can be seen no risk of harm to any body.

Seems the pics don't work, how do I get iPhone img to the post.

Failing that google maps

Kingsforth Lane, thurcroft, S66 9 England

That drops you right next to thurcroft pit, follow the main road down until you get to the road that is a different colour on the right, it runs through the pit and is a closed road.

Just an update, it did get it's maiden the next day as planned. It was way to windy but it tuck to the sky never the less.

I did not do it beause of the wind, so my bro was at the sticks, i thought it went well but landing was a challange, ended up at the side of the run way in some long grass on it's back. Damage well they were'nt none apart from the landing gear was a tad bent.

Posted by Andrew767 on 18/05/2012 08:32:11:

Well done Dean....Good you had your brother to help.....Hope theres less wind next time...keep going, you'll get there.

Andrew

It was good fun mate and could have easy ended in bits, was abit daft TBH been a maiden. I bought a volt checker for it and a tacho, just so i can keep an eye on things.

Maybe a good few days before i can get out again, but would not try in that wind.

What would be a safe bet 10-15mph winds.

Well I did my maiden today wind was at a minimum, had the gopro on plus GPS, went just over a 1000 ft and did 61mph, normal crusing at 30-40 at half throttle. Taking off and landing was easier then I expected, just floated down and almost lands it's self. Flying a plane I my self now think it better than a heli, but I was not the best heli pilot lol and so was limited in my abilaty.

All in all had just one full tank did almost 10 miles landed and taken off 3 times

Glad to hear there are some other local flyers.

I'm just starting out with heli's at the moment and looking for local places to fly. I sometimes find a quiet spot at down at the cricket club.

I did think of going up to the old coal pit but don't you get a lot of kids up there on there motorbikes?

Posted by Sam Burville on 25/05/2012 15:26:58:

I'm just starting out with heli's at the moment and looking for local places to fly. I sometimes find a quiet spot at down at the cricket club.

I did think of going up to the old coal pit but don't you get a lot of kids up there on there motorbikes?

I have been a few times now, they just ride down the road onto the pit. So they keep out of the way, they tend or when we have been late on a round 19:00 abit sooner is best.

I would not avise learning to fly a heli on that road though mate, you want grass for softer impacts because it will happen, and when it does that road will damage many more parts.

What heli you got.

Posted by Andrew767 on 25/05/2012 22:01:13:

Dean....Good to hear all went well.....sounds like your stick time on the hekkylopters paid dividends and using a Tutor 40 won't have done any harm. They do fly very well...stick at it mate.

Andrew

Well andy I have had a good 10 flight on it now, tried a free props 11x5 11x6 12x4 12x6 the first 3 are very sim the 12x6 got just 9k on the tach but still flew well at half to 3/4 stick. Put my bros 12x6 leki prop on as it's lighter and test prop and got 10300 these are rich settings. Now I have not flown with this prop but why are there different, is it a no no if so why.

Failing that I may put a slighter bigger engine in for more oop I think it just needs a tad more speed, the 12x4 did get 68mph though.

Posted by Dean Jeffery on 25/05/2012 22:25:48:
Posted by Sam Burville on 25/05/2012 15:26:58:

I have been a few times now, they just ride down the road onto the pit. So they keep out of the way, they tend or when we have been late on a round 19:00 abit sooner is best.

I would not avise learning to fly a heli on that road though mate, you want grass for softer impacts because it will happen, and when it does that road will damage many more parts.

What heli you got.

I've jumped in with both feet, just over a month in already have three!!!

TREX450 Sport, BLADE 450 3d, TREX550e

OK been as though nobody gave a reply, i found the 12X6 leki prop to give 1k plus more revs. Meaning a 76MPH run, i still dont no why they have diff props for leki and nitro.

But same size and pitch but lighter, i can only think because no need to go near a leki prop so these are sharper lighter and cut through the air better.

Posted by Dean Jeffery on 28/05/2012 08:06:39:

Ok nice i had a trex 600NSP for my first, then a raptor 60 for the second.

Wind was not a problem with both of these, on that pit road if you walk down onto the pit then this should be a good heli spot.

Yeah I'll have to give it a go down there, see how I get on.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I bought a Irvine .53 for the trainer, and what a rocket ship it was. I had the gopro and gps logger on it, as I did most flights.

But doing a speed run I thought it would be good to fly it through a big bushy tree, well it don't make it, engine was about 50yards from the tree line, and the gopro was a good 20 yards more away, the gps logger was not to be found.

I don't mind the crash so much, but lossing the gps and righting off that engine on its maiden Ho well I thought only cost £34 from eBay. It was the fact when I put the SD card in the laptop to see the crash it said file not found! Duh never mind.

Sorry andy but the traner is no more, I don't have the time or skills to rebuild it, but it was a great trainer.

Now on the hunt for a new plane.