Suggested set for shockie?

Gaz Elliott

Hi there

I recently won a shock flyer (high end technology- rc Raven 3d flyer 700.) No I have not built one of these before and the destructions (no I meant to spell that) are vague to say the least . No expalination on servo connection of rods or where on fus how to mount the wheels u/c once the carbon rod is glued on the leg.  

Secondly what motor , esc , reciever, lipo ,servos would you suggest . I am new to elec Just bought a protech air combo set so If i could use the charger that may keep cost down a little. I do fly i/c ( boomerang trainer on a 60 and an excel 2000 on  a 40 just in case one is magnetically drawn to the ground!!!)but have only been flying for less than 12 months.

Cheers

Advert

hi gaz.....rather typical of shock flyers that I am afraid.

I have a set of instructions here for a vortex version which i have yet to get around to building, and will send the PDF if you want it. PM me via the grey banner envelope icon above, and I will return it as an attachment. Should make it clear enough about about pushrods and whells and the like...they are all much the same these little shockies.

I dont know the protech combo thingy, but I can tell you that you MUST use LiPos to power your shockie due to the weight, so if you are not LiPo experienced, then you need a fair bit of education and gear I am afraid. You cannot for instance, use a normal charger for lipos, and have you even got the brushless motor and ESC etc for the shockie ?