Broken lower rotor on helicopter

Steve Swinhoe

I had a look at one of these for a friend the other week but it appears parts are very hard to come by. His had the same fault as yours and I traced it to the motor by changing over the wire connections for the two motors but could not find a source for the motor even on E bay!!

I have looked at all sorts of variants of these heli's often sold Maplin's sold under the names SYMA, Dragonfly and SHX-power but whilst they all look the same they all seem to have different motors and control boards etc.

If you are desperate there is a 9808 on EBay at the moment but if you are thinking seriously about helicopter flying, I would suggest spending around £200.00 and getting a Spektrum DX6i transmitter and a bind and fly MSRx initially to get you started or even take the full step up to the MCP-x which a small full collective pitch helicopter ut it can be tamed right down with the DX6i. Either will certainly keep you entertained whilst you are learning and beyond and both will crash most times with little or no damage, so you can keep practicing for longer, plus all the parts are readily available when the inevitable does happen.

The DX6i can be used on any other BNF Blade helicopter or airplane and with any Spektrum receivers, so it can be used even on larger helicopters and aircraft, makling it a really good initial investment.

Have fun

Barry