Li-Po's in the cold

Thanks Tim

The little table seems to give good info so I am sure I will be able to work it out from that.

P.S. Just read the article in the Mag.  Very helpful and came at just the right time for me now that I am building the Seagul E-Pioneer as reviewed by Mr. Ellison in that fine organ.

Thanks, I hope to learn from this thread as well, as I am about to (finally) take the step into Lipo use and low temperatures ARE an issue for me, as I often fly when it is below freezing, sometimes the air is at -20 (colder than your freezer) when I fly. 

If I were to charge indoors (around 20 degrees) and then go straight out to fly (assume -10 degrees) would the Lipo chill quickly enough to suffer overcharge in the ambient temperature? My current practice is based on MiMH use, which I take off charge in the kitchen, stuff (with care) into an inner pocket, step outside and fly.  I walk about one minute from house to flying 'strip'. Should I change this when I finally get my lipos?

Ah, now where did you hear about that one? Still exists in flying state, but with an Irvine 53 on the nose for the last couple of years. It flew well with the Axi, but battery life was short in those pre-lipo (for me, anyway) days. Might replace it with a Wot 3 one of these days.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, there were one or two errors in the article - it stated that I live in Sweden, for example (Finland stopped being a part of Sweden a LONG time ago!) and also showed a picture of me holding the model - except it wasn't me, I took the picture while a friend held it!

Axi 4120/18 and 20 x 1950 FAUP cells meant it flew as well as it did with a .70FS,  but only for 5 minutes. If I could afford it, I'd convert it again and use 4S lipos, but money's getting tighter here as well.