Funjet ultra

Just been lucky enough to get an ultra with. Multiplex power set up. But all info on the net just states 3200 3 cell lipo . Not many 3200s around , but what c rating for discharge should I get??? Tried a 4 cell on the 6x 5.5 but this would kill the esc as it pulled70 with the throttle not full. Does deny one have a suggested lipo or twill the 4 cell with small er pitch be okay ???

Advert

The Himax motor is not designed to run on 4s and will eventually fry if used with the supplied 6" prop. A 3s 3000mAh will suffice (albeit with slightly reduced flight time), and I would therefore suggest a minimum battery rating of 30C, 35C being better.

Cheers Bill. You may have saved me a power train. The big shark did not do 30 or 35 c so i went for the 3300 25C rated lipos. The feedback is positive from other users anmd actually some says that they appear to be under rated ( As opposed to the Overlanders which i think are over C rated ) Will give them a go. Its the new type that they are selling Gens ace . I usually use the Loong Max but wotrth a try

• 1 month later...

Well all is going well now. A few practice take offs which were not so good with a major torque roll into the ground resulting in UHu repair now invisible and has been strengthened with gorilla duct tape to protect the base.

Flying is good and it is almost mandatory to get a helper to throw it to catch the roll on the aileron stick.

At half stick however at full tilt it climbs up. Do i adjust the thrust on the back plate or trim it for flight on the trim tabs??

Second I have noticed the Ultra comes in fatser than the standard but also has a habit of sliding and flipping. How do i help reduce this occurance. Longer arrival run to bleed speed? The video below although not me show the landing flip.