Precedent bi-fly 25 - CofG??

Tony H

Hi Guys,

I've just aquired a second hand Precedent Bi-Fly 25 from the Wings and Wheels show today and wondered if anyone know's where the CofG should be for it? or at least where it usually is for a bipe.

I am fitting a tried and tested SC25 up front with a 10x5 prop and a 6oz tank. any tips or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Advert

Hello- me again!

We have one of these! I don't know where the C of G is, i'll find out tomorrow. We had an ASP 30 four stroke on ours (currently this plane is grounded) and it was underpowered, an SC 25 two stroke (I'm assuming) should be better. It is a nice plane to fly, if you can shed some weight, do so.

Have fun,

CS (no 1 on small bipes!)

Right then, I have the top wing with me, and the C of G mark is half way. Wing chord is 7 inches, C of G at 3.5 inches, where the two wing halves connect (the point- sweepback) so that is where it is. Looking forward to seeing this one, if it is good, I may just nick the OS 25 FSR off of our Jumper 25, if Dad doesn't beat me to it!

Hope that helps! Any questions, feel free to ask.

CS

Edited By ConcordeSpeedbird on 24/06/2012 11:29:53

G'day CS, I only have the fuselage side view and wing root view on the 60 size plan, the cg (balance point) arrow is dot on, exactly halfway between leading edge and trailing edge of top wing. i will have to ask one of my kids if they can scan copy and post an image because i am crapp at that im better at crashing. same time tomorrow.

Thanks CS & BounceBounceCrunch,

I have given the airframe a clean with meths, mounted the SC25 and re-shrunk the covering and this is how it looks now. Not bad for a £25 airframe i'm sure you'll agree.

One question when cleaning I accidently broke one of the little right angled plastic strut fixings anyone know where I can get some more? are they designed to break or can I make thin brass ones instead?

Here are some photo's as requested.

Precedent Bi Fly 25

Precedent Bi Fly 25

I will let you know how it flew. I think maybe I could get a strip of PVC 90degree angled strip from a DIY store cut them into 1cm pieces and use them to attach the struts what do you think?

I just checked the AUW (without fuel) and it weighs in at a reasonable 3.5lbs (Just over) 1625g, using 2.5kg/cm torque 12g servo's (except for Std size Alieron servo).

Hopefully should fly okay.

Edited By Tony H on 24/06/2012 18:11:35

• 5 weeks later...
Yes well. Not good news, i flew it at my new club and unfortunatly it was nose heavy and was completely out of control and crash landed. Amazingly it survived that so i put a whole strip of lead on the nose, took off ok with better control but still tail heavy, it then proceeded to go into a stalled spin and crashed straight into the ground. Hopefully the jester will work out better.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Id love to drop on a little bi-fly kit they were great fun back in the day when I was a young lad. always dreamed of getting one but could never save money long enough due to my spending money always going on fuel and props haha and then girlfriends came along which was even more expensive. Its a kit that should be updated and brought back out I think.